Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Walnut Salad Dressing...Courtesy of Ann Crile Esselstyn
Today I went to Whole Foods Market and bought three copies of Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease by Caldwell B. Esselstyn, MD. If you have read other blog entries, you'll know that Dr. Esselstyn was one of the primary speakers at the E2 Immersion in Austin, Texas. His narrative about reversing heart disease is a great read, and when I was reading it today, it was in the voice of Dr. Esselstyn.
1/2 cup of walnuts
1 garlic clove
1-2 teaspoons of low-sodium Tamari
1/2 cup of water
Place nuts and garlic in your food processor. Once chopped, add Tamari and water. If you prefer a thicker dressing, add less liquid. I also added some freshly ground white pepper, just for some added zing.
The full recipe appears on page 166 of the book.
And speaking of the book...I bought three copies of it. They're going to be "I Care" presents for friends and my nephews. I don't want my zeal to seem annoying or preachy to others, and if they can read the words for their own validity, I think that it will serve everyone more practically.
Plant Strong, Baby, Plant Strong!
- ► 2011 (19)
- Annoucing a New Addition...
- Simple Experiment...TV and a Hypothesis
- Loving My Kale
- Plant Strong, Baby, Plant Strong!
- Good News Today
- Walnut Salad Dressing...Courtesy of Ann Crile Esse...
- Tofu or Not Tofu, That is the Question
- It's All About Balance
- Ann Esselstyn, Where Are You?
- Leaving Tomorrow...The Flight to Reality
- If You Want to Look Thinner, Stand Next to a Fat U...
- Engine Two/Day Two. New Beginning...
- E2 Immersion Day One
- Deep in the Heart of Texas...Day One of E2
- Being a Green Goddess (Dressing)
- T-Minus Six Days Until Texas
- Sweet Thoughts
- Cream of Celery Soup-Vegan Style
- ▼ March (18)