Welcome to My Blog...

A warm and simple, welcome.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Deep in the Heart of Texas...Day One of E2


I am here at the Crossings, about seventeen miles outside of Austin proper, for my anointment to the "Engine Two Program." Driving up to the resort's long driveway reminded me of the long journey my life has taken on this food management odyssey.

As we pulled up to the check-in area, there were lots of people wearing "Plant Strong" t-shirts. Through the corner of my eye, I saw Ric Esselstyn, and I thought that I had seen Paul McCartney or Oprah (two of my life's idols). He is a tall man with a strong smile and warm way. I went over to him and introduced myself, and he said, "Hello Silver Haired Maiden." I thought to myself, "You'd only know that if you ready my blog!" And he has, which was surreal, because in my mind, this blog is a tool for me to channel thoughts and feelings about life, food, and well-being. And while a scant few read it, that fact that his eyes gazed on this page, well, it would be like Oprah telling me she liked my shoes. Though, I doubt she would have commented on the new patent leather Merrill's that I wore for travel today. Oprah, I was thinking about comfort.

I feel as though I am on the precipice of a new phase of my life. I've had a rough week, and not once did I resort to food for solace, or the falseness of trying to believe that food would have been understanding to the situations of this week. This was a good lesson for me to learn...when you are not putting a cap on your emotions with food, somethings feel more fluid.

My mind is very open, even though my eyes were closed during the weigh-in today. As my dear friend Christina Pirello says, "People won't remember what your BMI was in life, they'll remember that you were a good person." I always tell her that I'd like people to remember me for both!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers