Sunday, March 28, 2010
Loving My Kale
Kale is great. Today I went to the vegetable mart and bought kale as it really appears. It wasn't bundled into a neat little bouquet, but rather, it looked like tree tops--still connected to it's plant base. I stripped a lot of kale today and have already used it all up. It made it into tonight's "Engine Two Lasagne," tomorrow's lunch, and then thought, "Wait, why can't I make a Mighty Muffin, mightier?" And so, today's creation of these great muffins had minced kale...why not? Beautiful in color. Delicious in taste.
In speaking with Dr. Pam Popper last week, we firmed up a date in July to show "Forks Over Knives" at the Bryn Mawr Film Institute. She's going to be one of the speakers. July 8th is the date. The event will be co-sponsored by Whole Foods Market and the Center for Cancer Advancement. All of this is possible because of my Immersion, and the new focus that my life has been given. WOW. I hope everyone in the Philly area who attended our Immersion will attend.
Lastly, tomorrow is my check up with orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Matthew Lorei. He's the architect of my new hip! And that new hip is now ONE YEAR OLD! Wow! Fifty pounds lighter in one year, feeling great and blessed.
Plant Strong has added a new dimension to my life. I still miss my Immersion experience. But, living plant savvy has filled any voids I may have had.
- ► 2011 (19)
- Annoucing a New Addition...
- Simple Experiment...TV and a Hypothesis
- Loving My Kale
- Plant Strong, Baby, Plant Strong!
- Good News Today
- Walnut Salad Dressing...Courtesy of Ann Crile Esse...
- Tofu or Not Tofu, That is the Question
- It's All About Balance
- Ann Esselstyn, Where Are You?
- Leaving Tomorrow...The Flight to Reality
- If You Want to Look Thinner, Stand Next to a Fat U...
- Engine Two/Day Two. New Beginning...
- E2 Immersion Day One
- Deep in the Heart of Texas...Day One of E2
- Being a Green Goddess (Dressing)
- T-Minus Six Days Until Texas
- Sweet Thoughts
- Cream of Celery Soup-Vegan Style
- ▼ March (18)