Welcome to My Blog...

A warm and simple, welcome.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Quench Your Thirst...



Delicious Homemade Ginger Ale


You know, there was a time where I thought that a diet soda was the be-all to ending my thirst.  I loved it in a tall glass with loads of ice, and a slice of lemon.  But, I also drank it straight from the can, too.  I wasn't very fussy.  I cannot remember when I had my last diet beverage, but I think it has to have been more than ten years ago.

My best friends are water and sparkling water.  But, let's face it, sometimes, it spells B-O-R-I-NG.  Even when you serve it in a goblet, come on, you know that it is still the same water, cool, clear, water.

With summer temps so high and the humidity even higher, quenching my thirst has been a major goal to accomplish.  So, last night, I think I fell into the fountain of brilliance.  And it was so easy to make, and so delicious, that I had  to make this delicious "Ginger Ale" it twice in a few hours.

You'll need your juicer for this.  I always fall victim to info-mericals, so, yes, I have the Jack LaLanne model.  It is my second one...my first one, which was well used, died last summer, so I got another one.

How to Make your own GINGER ALE!

Juice a one inch piece of fresh ginger, along with one Granny Smith Apple.  You should get about 3-4 ounces of liquid.

Put it in a 12 ounce glass.  Add sparkling water to the top.

And that is how you make your own ginger ale.

This is a quenching beverage and will also help to ease the ills from a queezy stomach.

Aside from the deliciousness, you will also save a bundle of moolah.  And, no more excess bottles to recycle!

Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Lordes loved this. I have to make some today. Getting ingredients!

    ReplyDelete

Followers