Micronutrients are my new best friend. When I wasn't following my combo of Pirello/Fuhrman/Esselstyn (sounds like a Park Avenue law firm, doesn't it?), I was ALWAYS, and I mean, ALWAYS hungry. Now, eating fresh leafy greens, fruits and grains, I am NEVER hungry (really). My body no longer craves any kind of food.
One thing I do love is a great shake (smoothie if you will). I don't have a fancy-smancy blender, in fact, I have a $15 individual blender (Hamilton Beach), that I love, be/c it is also a travel mug, so I can make the smoothie, and bam, I am done and gone!
Here's an easy recipe for a cool looking and delicious tasting shake:
One cup of Vanilla Almond Milk (there are variations...sugar, no sugar, etc, read the labels)
1/2 cup frozen mango
1 cup of baby lettuce greens
First, add the frozen mango and milk, and give it a "whir." Then, add the greens, gradually.
You'll end of with a great tasting shake that will make your friends "green with envy."
Tip of the Day: Planning your daily menu helps you shop better, and in the long, run, you'll save more $$$$. Really.
- ► 2011 (19)
- Green with Envy Smoothie
- Allright, Call Me a Zealot
- Thoughts About Kirstie Ally...Made Me Feel Sad
- You Gotta Shake it to Make It...
- Taking Good Care of Myself...
- The Power of the Stock Pot
- Valentine's Day
- My Thoughts on the "Biggest Loser"
- Think You Really L-O-V-E Cheese That Much?
- A Nice Day to Make Soup
- People Ask Me, "What Do You Eat?"
- How I Started This Journey
- ▼ February (12)