Welcome to My Blog...

A warm and simple, welcome.

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Power of the Stock Pot

I purchased a new stock pot, so shiny and bright. And because there is a "cover for every pot," I also purchased a matching cover for this big soup vat. Along with that purchase came the addition of two knives for paring and chopping. There are many vegetables in my life everyday, I needed the tools to help me in their preparation.

After prepping the "three aromatic vegetables" I sauteed them in carrot juice and let them simmer. Part of eating as a vegan (following E-2 and Fuhrman) is to use as little fat as possible, that's why I saute in carrot juice. Then, I added mushrooms, red quinoa, baby garbanzo beans, spelt, kamut, and tomatoes...and a crazy shaking of curry powder. The house smelled so nice.

Again, I am suggesting that you read as much as you can about being vegan. This is the best decision I have ever made regarding my health and well being. Visit Joel Fuhrman's website, go to Christina Pirello (and watch her show on PBS), and read-read-read.

Tip of the Day: Clean out your cabinets of foods that carry empty calories. Replenish your empty shelf spaces with jars of whole grains, brown rice, and other rich, high-fiber foods. If you have unopened boxes, donate them to a shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers