Welcome to My Blog...

A warm and simple, welcome.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Plant Strong Nation

The other day when I was on the flight to Austin, the flight attendants were coming around with breakfast. I was well situated with my own veggies, almond butter, and steamed kale. But, I was listening to her ask people, "Honey Nut Cheerios?" She was also pawning off 2% milk and the smallest banana I had ever seen.

I thought to myself, "In a plant perfect world, she'd be coming down the aisle saying, "Rip's Big Bowl?"

Thanks to President Bill Clinton though, this so-called cult (of which I am a part[according to old friends]) is going to become mainstream. Thanks to the CNN piece, what Bill Clinton eats will become part of the fabric of what many Americans will chose to put in their grocery carts. Too bad he wasn't Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare. Imagine the changes he could help to create?

Last week I was speaking to a small group of people about a new initiative at Whole Foods Market. You may know it as "Health Starts Here." In this crazy world of so many health messages, someone at this meeting said, "Well, your competition to this program is ignorance." And, it made me think that as long as I am plant-strong, part of my own personal message is to educate people about the choices they have so that ignorance is stomped out, and better choices for eating and living take a prominent place in life.

Here's hoping I haven't been too preachy. It is just that I am bursting at the seams with excitement to share all the news that this Immersion gives me on a daily basis!

Plant Strong and Tenacious!

Big Bowl, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I've gotten the "cult" comment myself. I guess I know what they mean. For some people it's finding God; for me it was finding vegetables. I don't think that I am preachy, but, to hear some people tell it, it's all I talk about! Whatever! They need to get over it! Bill Clinton's wakeup may well be the wakeup that the whole country needs. If the guy who used to be pictured eating Big Macs can do it, we all can, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the "Bill Story" has died down a little, but let's hope that the message continues. Hey, Bill!

    ReplyDelete

Followers