Welcome to My Blog...

A warm and simple, welcome.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

New Immersionites at Engine 2 (Day 4)

We are starting to wind down at the Immersion. Today's the day that I get to speak to everyone as part of a "panel." I am not sure what I will say, but I do know that while I may not have remembered each participant's name, the store they work at, or the position they hold, I have remembered everyone's story.

You might be the grocery team leader from the "original" Santa Rosa store who wants to feel better for the sake of his children.

Or, you might be the cancer survivor from Boston, whose story of survival and persistence moved me.

Maybe you're the young mother who once had sassy blond hair, and now you feel burdened by the excess weight that has crept into your life.

No matter your station in life, the poundage on the scale, or the resistance you might meet at home, this program is all about you, and only you. Now, your belt is full of new tools. You need to go forth, always trying your best, giving it a full 100%. When something is hard and you think you cannot be plant-based, grab your tool belt, and figure out what it is you need to do.

Maybe you need to say no to the situation, or just walk away from it. Or go for a run in the park, a trip to the gym, or a stroll in a garden. Bad food doesn't provide love and comfort.

Strive to be plant perfect, and as I always tell my children, "Reach for the stars..."

The pleasure has been my honor and thank YOU for motivating ME and helping me to continue on this journey--think of it as something we can do together. Plant-strong, one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard to leave, I know. But, think of all you've gotten from it! And keep up the awesomeness and you know you will be back to talk to a new group. You are my hero, truly.

    ReplyDelete

Followers