Welcome to My Blog...

A warm and simple, welcome.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Reflections on an Immersion


I've been home for a week since attending the Engine 2 Immersion at the Crossings (now called Travessa) in the Austin Hill Country. It was my third time there--I am like a participant-observer. Somewhere around day three, I get to be part of a panel where experiences regarding weight loss in the plant-strong arena are shared. This journey is the best thing I have ever been able to do.

I have to pinch myself a lot during this retreat. Some heavy hitters are there. And, they say things to me like, "Hey, Char, how goes it?" It is a week of incredible learning about the benefits of following a plant strong way of living. It's not a diet, it is a belief.

One of my favorite parts of the week is the cooking lessons that are taught by Jane Esselstyn, RN. She is the sister of Engine 2 Diet author, Rip Esselstyn. As you know, Rip is the energy behind the entire E2 Immersions, and to know him is not only an honor, but a real life enrichment. Rip is the best. He is smart and crisp, and I always learn so much from him.

Back to sister Jane...she is one of the funniest people I have ever met...she is a bad ass in the best of ways. Jane has an interesting way of cooking plant strong and she brings her humor to the table. I appreciate her commitment to the wellness movement and the many wonderful things she does.

But the girl can cook. Here's her recipe for the "Napoleon." These are a great side dish, or add a salad, and you are golden. Thank you Jane for being the Plant-Strong Goddess that you are. Everyone else, enjoy this recipe. Post some pictures if you make this great dish!

You'll Need:

1 Large Red Garnet Sweet Potato cut raw into 1/2 inch slices
1 tube of plain (original) Polenta

Walnut Dressing (1/2 cup walnuts, 1 clove garlic, 1/2 cup water, Tamari to taste) Put everything in the blender--should be nice and thick

1 Heirloom tomato, sliced into 1/2" slices

Minced cilantro

Balsamic reduction

What to Do:

Place sliced potatoes and polenta on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven. You'll know when they are done, by touch. Let cool.

To make:

Sweet Potato Round, walnut dressing, polenta round, walnut dressing, tomato, cilantro.

Now drizzle with Balsamic reduction.

These are so good.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers