Welcome to My Blog...

A warm and simple, welcome.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

New York Minute Veggie Burgers














Since returning from my Engine Two Immersion, I no longer eat ready made veggie burgers. Many of them are loaded with fat, so I started making the "New York Times" Veggie Burgers that appear in the "Engine Two Diet Book." They are good, but you really need loads of time to get them together. I am always looking for shortcuts..whether it be on road, or in life. That's when I came up with these really good burgers.

My best friend in the kitchen is actually my"Vidalia Chopping Wizard(VCW)." Makes you think that you will be chopping lots of onions, and only onions. But the truth is, it cuts uniformed pieces of fresh veggies, fruits, and herbs, which actually help to cook your foods uniformly. I even use it to chop cilantro, parsley, and of course, my most beloved kale. The funny thing is that I picked up my VCW at a drugstore, not too far from the shampoo aisle.

So, you wanna make delicious veggie burgers, at perhaps a maximum time of ten minutes. Here's what you'll need:

1/2 can of 365 Organic Fat Free Refried Black Beans
1/2 pepper, chopped on the smaller grid of the Vidalia
1 stalk of celery, chopped on the smaller grid of the Vidalia
1/2 yellow onion, again, chopped on the smaller grid
1 cup of cilantro, finely snipped with shears
1 carrot, chopped on the smaller grid of the Vidalia
2 garlic gloves, grated
1 baby bello mushroom (or a mushroom about 1 1/2 inches), finely chopped
1/2 can of Muir Glen NO SALT ADDED Diced Tomatoes
2 envelopes of instant oatmeal (I like the Organic 365)
Sprinkle of red pepper flakes

Now, do this...

Mash the beans, add all of the chopped veggies, pepper, and garlic. With your hands, mix together well. Now add tomatoes and oatmeal. Form into four ounce burgers. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 375 for about 35 minutes...I like my dry, so I bake for about 45 minutes. Though not my mode of cooking, some people do like to hear the sizzle of the pan, so, you can use whatever it is you like to skillet cook with...spray stuff, oil, etc.

These are really good. And, really, you can get them together in a New York Minute!

Live plant strong. No exceptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers