Welcome to My Blog...

A warm and simple, welcome.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia



Gulp.  That is all I can say.  In less than 72 hours, I will leave a job that I have loved for more than eight years.  I loved it so much, that I only called out sick once during that time, and I wasn't even sick...my sister was visiting me, and I wanted to spend time with her.  I am looking forward to a new adventure, but I am not going to lie, I feel just plain sad.  So much so, that I can easily cry about the heaviness in my heart.  My tenure at Whole Foods Market is the longest time I have ever spent at one job in my entire life.  Turns out to be an eighth of my life...wow.

So, as I pack boxes, unload piles of paper, the one thing I have been doing is "counting my blessings."  Of the myriad of experiences and benefits, the best, hands down, was the gift of attending an Engine 2 Immersion.  I got to spend a week in Austin, Texas, immersed in the practices of Engine 2, and learning to become plant-strong. It might sound cliche, but my Immersion changed my life, forever.

My autographed, dog-earred copy of Engine 2 is starting to get a bit weathered, because I refer to it all the time.  I am an inventive cook, so while the recipes are very good, I prefer to experiment and tweek as I go.  Being plant strong, for me, is a cleaner way of being vegan.  Nothing processed.  No oil.  No salt.  No sugar. All clean and pure food.  And, it is delicious!  I spend loads of time prepping food for my plant-strong life.  And, I guess that I will now have more time on my hands, I will be cooking up a storm in my plant-strong kitchen.

It's all good, but I am feeling a little sad today.  Time to go and steam some kale and make some oatmeal.

2 comments:

  1. My heart is heavy too, as you are all I have ever know while working here at WFM. While I know your shoe size (haha), they are very big shoes to fill. You have been a wondeful mentor and friend to me. You have been such a support through my engagement, wedding, and 2 births. I love you like a mother and I am grateful to have been able to work with you these past 5 years. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you like a sister and I will be praying for wonderful events to continue to happen in your future, which I KNOW will be bright. How thankful I am that our paths crossed. Whole Foods Market is losing a fantastic marketer and a tireless supporter. Best Wishes for your journey onward. March forth, my silver-haired vegan inspiration. I will always be proud of you, Char.

    ReplyDelete

Followers