Thursday, April 29, 2010
Be Plant Strong to Thine Ownself
I figured it out. There's a part of me that is hearing my mother's voice...saying something like, "Mind your own business." Or, don't be part of the crowd...if everyone else jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge...would you? (I have often wondered, like if you live in, say, San Francisco, do mothers make reference to the Golden Gate or Oakland-Bay Bridges, like mine did for the Brooklyn Bridge?).
So, it's about seeing others not follow their self-prescribed vegan path, then deviate to animal based food. It has NADA, ZIP, ZERO to do with me, and I only need to focus on my own food choices, food journal entries, etc. What a relief for me. Nothing to worry about, only myself.
And, the next part of this? Well, this is B-I-G. I was chatting with someone and listening to their food choices. I realized that whatever they can handle is their business and not mine. I can't handle all foods, some show no moderation for me. So, I steer clear. If Jane or Susie can eat corn chips with salsa, brava for them. I can't do it. Just can't.
If I have offended anyone with my strong pant-based opinions, I extend an apology. Sometimes, passion wears a disguise.
I'm going to finish my kale smoothie (my dessert), grab a shower. Then, head to bed.
Does this entry all make sense?
Love all. Count your blessings.
- ► 2011 (19)
- Be Plant Strong to Thine Ownself
- The Biggest Loser...and a Great Salsa Recipe!
- It's Not Always Sunny in Philadelphia...
- Bloomingdale's and Beans...
- Rocky Balboa Likes Kale (in my mind)...
- SKYPING with Rip Esselstyn...Plant Strong People.....
- Questions for Natala...What's the Buzz?
- Bye, Bye Betty Crocker Brownies and Hola Frijoles
- Kale, Kale, The Gang's All Here
- ▼ April (9)